Now that it’s getting colder (finally!), we can start to shift our brains from school/work/busy mode to Christmas/family/baking/shopping/lights-seeing/jolly mode. And that, my friends, is the best kind of mode to be in!
After a chilly day being out-and-about, don’t you just love to come home, snuggle under a blanket and drink some hot cocoa? Of course you do, you’re only human. Well, rather than pop in a packet of Swiss Miss and water you heated up in the microwave, use this fabulous recipe to have yourself some quality hot cocoa. You deserve it.
I think this year we should focus on intention. Intention is not necessarily “trying harder,” but simply trying to avoid the shortcuts that are only making life quicker, not better.
This is just one place to start 😉 Let me know if you try it out!
- 2 cups (organic) whole milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (add more if you have a sweet tooth!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla, and spices into a medium saucepan. Warm to a simmer.
- While the hot cocoa is warming, pour the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla into the bowl of an electric mixer and whip on high speed until stiff peaks are achieved.
- Once the cocoa is hot, pour into mug of choice and top with the whipped cream. Enjoy!
Recipe by Megan Forbes of Goldmine