This weekend I will be going to a huge national conference for PRSSA in Atlanta, so naturally I was thinking of a motivator for our caravan of students leaving early this Friday morning. I decided to revisit a recipe we had at one of our Service House breakfasts: a huge crowd pleaser! So, last night I made the best banana and chocolate chip muffins of your life. The best part is there are no eggs, just a wee-bit of sugar, and you use whole wheat flour! And there’s fruit… So, healthy right? 😉
Anyway, here is the recipe. Let me know if you decide to make these!
Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
4 tbsp. Butter, softened
1/4 c. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour (or all-purpose if you wish!)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1/2 c. Chocolate Chips (or whatever add in you choose! Walnuts, anyone?)
Tubinado Sugar for Topping (optional)
- Mix together butter, sugar, vanilla.
- Add in flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Mix in bananas and chocolate chips, or add-in of your choice.
- Scoop into muffin tin or parchment paper. (Can add sugar on top, if you so choose!)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean, at 350 degrees.
- Let cool. Enjoy! Sooooo simple!